Monday, July 16, 2012

Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls #2) by Krystal Wade




I liked Wilde’s Army by Krystal Wade just as much as the first of its series, Wilde’s Fire.
           
            Kate Wilde has just been visited by two gods- one Light, the other Dark. Upon waking from these “visions,” she discovers that everyone from her new home has been taken away by daemons; all except for Perth, the Ground Dweller that Kate was sworn to marry in return for a favor. No one seems to trust Perth, but the Light god told Kate to trust those around her, so she really has no choice. Once finding her friends, she and Arland must lead their people to Willow Falls where they are thrust into court life under a complicated ruse: Kate must pretend to be in love with Perth and act as if she has every plan to marry him, while her sister, Brit, appears to be in love with Arland. Keeping up their fragile ruse proves difficult, but nothing will be more difficult than what lies ahead.

            First things first: the characters. I thought that Kate was pretty strong and her magic was really cool. I mean, she has tiny sprites to do her bidding; they even dress her so she doesn’t have to do it herself! How awesome would that be? PRETTY DARN AWESOME, I TELL YOU. However, she thought about love a little too much. As a matter of fact, the word “love” was mentioned way too many times in this book, but eventually it didn’t bother me so much. I think I became immune to it. Kate also had some serious trust issues and got angry for small reasons (well, I saw them as small, but that may be because I don’t really get mad ever).

            As in the last book, I still thought of Arland as a pleasant, likable guy. He was really understanding and never got mad at Kate, no matter what she did. He was also strong and he really loved Kate, but as I said before, he talked about it a little too much. I feel like he was a little too open for being a guy, but I still liked him.

            Now for Perth. Oh, Perth. I absolutely LOVED Perth. I have no idea why. I just really liked him. He was really underestimated, but he pulled through in the end and ended up being a really great guy, even though everyone claimed that he was so evil and not to be trusted. I felt so bad for him because all he wanted was someone to love him, but people were constantly talking about how much they didn’t want Perth, but he was actually awesome.

            PLOT! I thought that the plot was entertaining. I liked the part where Kate had to pretend to be in love with Perth the best, but at the same time I didn’t like that part because I felt really bad for Perth… Anyway, there was a lot of action and magic-wielding and such. There were also a few surprises thrown in there, but there  were other things that I did see coming. Overall, I liked this book!

This book was pretty good! 3 1/2 Smileys!


No comments:

Post a Comment