Friday, August 17, 2012

Foretold (The Demon Trappers #4) by Jana Oliver




***WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ALL OF THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE DEMON TRAPPERS SERIES, THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.


In the United States, Foretold by Jana Oliver comes out in December. However, in the UK, it came out August 2nd. Instead of waiting for the US release date, I decided to order the book all the way from England. That is how much I love The Demon Trappers series. And the last book did not disappoint.
           
            Beck’s mom, Sadie, was dying of cancer. Even though she had always treated Beck like she hated him, he loved her. Unwilling to let her die alone, Beck and Riley go down to Sadlersville, where Beck is treated with such suspicion and cruelty that Riley can’t help but be curious about his past. Discovering his past was not easy, for he kept it well hidden, but even after she discovered the horrible truth, she felt no different about Beck: she loved him. Now he just had to decide how he felt. Oh, and the Fallen angel Sartael is finally making his move against Lucifer and Ori still holds Riley’s soul in his grasp. Could there possibly be a happy ending to such a horrible story? (Horrible as in tragic. Not as in this story is bad quality. It’s actually awesome, amazing, and any other positive words you can come up with. J)

            First off, may I just say that this is one of my favorite series? I've always loved the characters, especially Riley and Beck, but in this final installment, I felt that I got closer to both of them. After Beck finally admits to himself that he loves Riley, he becomes adorable. She turns him into a little puppy and it's just so cute. Riley was funny, as always, not a wimp, and could actually take care of herself. She was also smart and capable. A proper heroine. Beck was sweet and awesome and wonderful, as usual. I fell in love with him in this book and I’m sure you will, too.
           
            I literally could not stop reading this book. I went over to my friend’s house and brought it with me. I stayed up until 4 o’clock in the morning reading it. It was so captivating that I felt like I couldn’t breathe when I wasn’t reading it (and sometimes even when I was). I didn’t know what was going to happen next and I was so wrapped up in their world that I pretty much stopped living for the two days I read this.

            This was an epic love story. There was no insta-love; it took its sweet time. It took four books before they finally fell in love, but it was so worth it. It was unlike any book I have ever read and amazing is the only word coming to my mind. I cannot say anymore on this subject. This book emotionally drained me because…

            THIS WAS THE LAST FREAKING BOOK. *cries out of sadness, but also joy* What am I going to do with my life now? I really loved the ending and it was adorable (this is why I am crying with joy. The ending made me really happy, but the fact that it was the ending didn’t), but I DON’T WANT THIS STORY TO END. IT CAN’T!! I couldn’t read for the rest of the day because I was so distraught and I had to find something to do and, of course, this was the day that there was literally nothing to do. I can’t say anymore on this subject except for READ THIS SERIES. READ IT NOW AND ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH IT BECAUSE IT WON’T LAST FOREVER. *cries some more*

This book was absolutely breathtakingly amazingly awesome. 5 Smileys!


No comments:

Post a Comment