Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) by Kami Garcia


This book took me FOREVER to read. Well, two weeks, but that’s forever for me. It wasn’t because this book was bad. It was actually quite good. But I have this unlucky bookmark. I just now found out that it was unlucky because I noticed that whenever I use this bookmark, it takes me forever to read things. So, no, this book was not bad. I just used an unlucky bookmark.
            The story of Ethan and Lena continues: Macon is alive, Ridley is Mortal, Link is now an Incubus, and school is back in session. Oh, and the suffocating heat, the infestation of lubbers, and the droughts are signifying the End of Days. Abraham and Sarafine could not have planned the end of the world better themselves, and luckily, they didn’t have to. When Lena chose herself to be half Dark and half Light, she threw off the Order of Things. Now, it is up to Lena, Ethan, Link, Olivia, Amma, and even John Breed to bring about the New Order and avoid the apocalypse at any cost. But just how much are they willing to pay?
            I liked Beautiful Chaos because it was entertaining. Ridley was hands-down my favorite character, but then again, she always has been. In the third installment of the series, she continues to be witty, unpredictable, and badass. Lena is another of my favorite characters because I love her poetry, and near the end, we get some lovely poetry, and I like that she’s quirky and strong. Link was another of my favorites because he is hilarious and goofy. However, John Breed wins the award for Best Guy of the Book. He is yummy and he can literally do anything. I don’t want to say too much about that because I don’t want to spoil him for you.
            There was only one problem with this book: it was slow moving at a few parts. But that is it.
            The story line was pretty good. It kept me guessing until the very end. Speaking of the ending, I can’t even believe the ending. I want the next book so badly right now. I’m going to admit something to you guys: I’m not a crier, but I cried at the end of this book. I really did and not even I can believe it. I became really connected with all of the characters and grew to love them over the course of the three books and I can’t wait for the next one! If you have already read the first two books, read this one! If you haven’t started this series READ IT RIGHT NOW!! This is a great, fantastic, awesome series that I fell in love with on the first page of the first book and I am still under its spell. (It’s funny because this is a book about Casters. Teehee.)

This book was awesome! 4 1/2 Smileys!





No comments:

Post a Comment