Monday, June 4, 2012

Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I love the Covenant series. And when I say love, I mean LOVE. I’d say it’s in my top two favorite series with the Divergent series. Anyway…
            Pure continues the story of Alex, Aiden, and Seth. Alex had just gotten home from being kidnapped, tortured, and nearly turned into a daimon when Aiden decides to tell her that he no longer wants to train her or even see her. But that was also after she told him that she loved him; yeah, that was a mistake. Then, the merry bunch must go to the council in New York so that Alex can talk about what happened when her mother captured her. However, before they could leave, there was a daimon attack on the Convenant that left some stunned and one dead (*sob*). After the attack, the merry bunch must travel to New York, where Alex begins her training and becomes closer to her second half, Seth. Alex tries to warn the Council of her mother plans, but will they believe her? Or try to ruin her life, instead?
            Okay, first I must say that this series is hilarious. It is by far the funniest series that I have ever read. Alex’s outlook is very comical and I really enjoyed seeing the world from her point of view, except for when her view included Aiden. He irks me because I could see connections between him and Edward from Twilight and I could also see a connection between Seth and Jacob. All I can say about that is that I sincerely hope that Alex ends up with Seth or I will scream. He is perfect and hilarious and I love him. End of story.          
            The plot was also incredible. There were action scenes slid into the story at exactly the right times and the romance was to die for. Well, some of it anyway. And I really enjoyed reading about Alex and Seth because they were hilarious together; one minute, they want to poke each other’s eyes out, the next they’re kissing. It might not sound so humorous, but believe me, it is. There was only one problem in this book: Aiden. Most girls who read this probably love him and are screaming, “I love Aiden, not Seth, you idiot! Aiden is so hawt,” while they read this review, but I don’t care. I guess I have a thing for the dark horse and the funny one and the relationship that can actually happen. But maybe that’s just me *shrug*.
            Regardless of my semi-ranting, definitely read this book, and if you haven’t read Half-Blood, then read that, too. Now.

Read this because it is AMAZING!! 5 Smileys!


1 comment: