Monday, June 18, 2012

Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls #3) by C. C. Hunter


Well, I started reading The City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare, but then I didn’t feel like it, so I read Taken at Dusk by C. C. Hunter instead. It is the third book in the Shadow Falls series.
            This story picks up where the last one left off: Kylie is meeting her adoptive grandparents, Derek is still mad at her, and Lucas wants her more than ever. There’s someone else that wants her too, though: Red, Mario’s “evil” grandson that wants to make Kylie his bride. And Kylie has a new ghostly friend that doesn’t remember a thing about her life, but Kylie knows that she must help this ghost because she feels connected to her in ways that she has never felt for a ghost before. This, plus Kylie is still trying to figure out what she is, as well as what powers she has.
            Okay, well, this series is interesting, but there I think that it is a little too relationship based. Kylie has someone that wants her dead, but her biggest concern is who to go out with. It’s a little ridiculous, but maybe relationships are a priority for most teenagers. I don’t know because I am not normal in any way, so I could be judging her a little harshly. I think that overall, Kylie’s priorities are a little out of order.
            As far as plot goes, I think that it was fairly entertaining. The mystery was good and I did not see the ending coming at all, so it kept its sense of mystery until the very end. But the worst aspect of this book was the love triangle. It was really frustrating because Kylie was like, “I choose him!” but then the second she sees the other guy, she’s like, “Oh, wait, never mind, I like him better!” And then the guy she swears she doesn’t like says, “I am in love with you!” and she’s like, “I’m confused!” This girl is always so darn confused.
            This book was like being on a freaking emotional roller coaster ride. Kylie had so many emotions at the same time that it was exhausting. And when I felt she should have a little more emotion (it was at a really sad part and I was devastated, but maybe I shouldn’t have liked the bad guy so much…whoops…) she had hardly any.
            Despite the bad things I said about this book, I still liked it. It was a fluffy read and if you’re just looking for something entertaining, then I encourage you to read this series.

This was an easy-going read. I'm not really sure what that means, but that's what I feel, so..... 3 1/2 Smileys!



No comments:

Post a Comment