Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Social Suicide (Deadly Cool #2) by Gemma Halliday


After reading Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday, I had to read the sequel, Social Suicide.  I must admit that I read this a while ago and just now realized that I never wrote a review for it, so I will try to remember it as if I just finished reading it minutes ago. This may prove difficult, but for you, I shall try! But I warn you that it may be rather short.
            After Hartley solved her first crime and brought the perpetrator to justice, she thought that she was going to have a normal school year, devoid of murders of any kind. But then when homecoming queen hopeful, Sydney, gets suspended for cheating, Hartley knows that she must get the scoop on this story for the school newspaper before anyone else can manage to dig up all of the dirty secrets. However, when Hartley goes to speak to Sydney, she finds her floating facedown in the pool with her laptop suspended in the water right beside her. Someone had committed “Twittercide” because she was tweeting while the perp pushed her into the pool with her laptop. Hartley suspects that her death has to do with where she got the test answers from and her suspicions are confirmed after another attempted murder. Will Hartley be able to find out who it is before she becomes a victim herself?
            Like its prequel, Social Suicide was a total mystery. I did not predict the ending at all and when you find out who the murderer really is, it chills you to the bone. It’s even more disturbing than the first one, which is saying something. I mean, how can anything be more disturbing than someone’s best friend killing her? Well, this one tops it, in a good way, of course. I adore Hartley’s point of view because it is very comical and true, and she actually sounded like a real teenager, which was different from a lot of books that I read. Chase is also cool; I like him. That is all I have to say. I told you that it was going to be a short review! Sorry!
            I would definitely recommend this book series to people who like mysteries and teenage drama.

It was entertaining. 4 Smileys!


No comments:

Post a Comment